Areas of influence on quality and profitability
Logistics boundary conditions
- Quality of printed circuit boards and components
- Manufacturer qualification
- Transport and handling
- Storage (storage times, first in-first out)
- Quantity structure: development of quality strategies for the small lots case.
- SMD mounting adhesive application
- Solder paste application
- SMD fitting
Soldering technology conditions
- complete flux coverage of the flux surfaces
- Sufficient (but not yet damaging) temperature-time curve for both fluxing partners, which is matched to the fluxing agent
- Pad dimensions
- Clearance/Cover Mask
- Distances to the neighbors (avoidance of soldering gaps)
- Determination of the insulation distances
- DIN IEC 326 T3, FTZ22 TV2
- Joining surfaces: wetting-friendly, sufficiently alloy-resistant materials or coatings.
- Soft solder: The required composition is given within the permissible tolerance, the contaminating elements are below the permissible limits.
- Reflow: SMD connectors touch the solder paste application on the associated pads in approximately centric position to the pads.
- Wave: SMD terminals are located centrically over the associated pads, spacing in the range 20...100 µm.